Do you need to install a toilet? We recommend the Coflex Flexible Flange as it is the professional solution to install your toilet, has a long life and thanks to its hermetic seal, it avoids leaks and bad smells.
The tools that you'll need are:
- Pipe wrench
* In case of uneven floors may require leveling wedges.
Recommendations before installing:
- The drain pipe must be flush with the floor. If it protrudes, cut the excess with a hacksaw.
- In case you are reinstalling your toilet, use the spatula to remove wax residue or any other material from the previous installation.
Step by Step:
- With a ruler or measuring tape, check the distance between the toilet tank and the wall.
- Insert your hand into the Flexible Flange and press the sleeve inwards, holding the sleeve inside.
- Insert it into the pipe, releasing the sleeve and extending it.
- Place the plastic screws into the semicircular holes of the Flexible Flange and rotate them to position the toilet.
- Mark the drill points.
- Drill the floor with a ¼-inch concrete drill and do not forget to insert the plugs. * We recommend, if you have a ceramic floor, to point with an awl for guiding the drill. *
- Fix the Flexible Flange by tightening the cleats with the screwdriver.
- Attach the anchor screws and assemble the toilet.
- Tighten the nuts with the pipe wrench, without overtightening.
- It is recommended at the end to apply a silicone sealant around the base of the toilet.
To correct offsets you must:
- Using a chisel and hammer, make a cut to the floor with an angle towards the wall or towards the front depending on the case.
- After the angle cut, insert the Coflex Flexible Flange, and adjust to the desired distance.